Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test cases in ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ABAPers,

Do you know of a way in ABAP to do testing for a program for its correctness?

Like in JAVA there is junit framework.

Is there anything like that for ABAP?

Thanks in advance,

Thilanka.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

For checking performance to use t.code SE30 and SQL trace ST05

Regards

Bhupal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use abap dubugger to know the functionality and correctness of your abap program.

there is no such test cases to check the abap program as we have in other languages.

Regards

Rajesh Kumar

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thilanka,

Tcode:- SeCatt ?

K.Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Testing your code.

As mentioned above after doing syntax check and extended syntax check you have to create a TEST PLAN. You have to test all possible Postive & Negative test cases.

Test for division by zero if it involves calculation or code accordingly.

Try to test for field overflows. If it involves sap script or smart forms try to print outputs which have single page and also multiple page and which does not have any output at all.

Test by leaving all parameters in selection screen blank.

Test by entering wrong values in selection screen and display a pop-up if the user enters wrong selection screen values.

You can also do ABAP trace and SQL trace to make sure that your program is efficient.

0 Kudos

Hi Janani,

Yes i'm thinking of something like that.

But I think eCATT provide some solution to that.

Any one have ideas?

Let's say I have a requirement to test for division by zero errors.

How can i do it?

Thanks

Thilanka.

0 Kudos

Even I am looking for some info related to SeCATT.

K.Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Good

There is SAP tcodes which will guide you through the perfomance lavel of an ABAP report.

st05

st22

Extended code checker.

Thanks

mrutyun^

naveen_inuganti2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi....

ABAP provides several options to test the program written by you, unlike any other programming language.

Here some...

1. You can check your code initially with CTRL+F2. Here it proposes correct words for spell errors. Also proposes the syntax which are very similer.

2. And you can check your program from SLIS transaction code i.e. called extended program check. Here we are having more than 20 options to check your program.

3. Also you can check the program from SCID transaction i.e. code inspector. It will gives you the error analysis in the view of warnings and performance checks etc..,

4. Apart from above we can use SQL trace to improve the performance of our program. i.e. from trransation ST05. Here you can get statement by statement analysis. with time and all.

5. SE30 is the one more view to analyse the p[erformance of your program. There we can get graffical view for data base fetch time, ABAP time taking etc..,

Not only above...,

We are having Debugging, where you can solve any error or problem with out others help.

Thanks,

Naveen.I