cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

required help reg: installing MaxDB on desktop for Mobile client 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have been struggling a lot installing MaxDB on my system to use it along with Mobile Client 7.1.

1. I tried installing Client 7.1 and as it normally checks for MaxDB in system, and if not present asks for SDBINST.exe" . I gave the path but it says installation failed and asks to install it manually.

2. Further i also tried to install MaxDB separately(manually) before installing client. I chose "Server + Client" -> Install S/w and create DB instance -> MaxDB installed ->install client 7.1 -> checks MaxDB and gets an instance -> asks me DB password. Now i dont know what password is it asking me for..?? If anybody knows where do we specify this password please let me know.

please suggest me proper way of installing MaxDB on my system, also documents related to it, if any.

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

If you wish to proceed with the first step, then make sure you have uninstalled all instances of Max DB and Max DB itself. After this you should not have any folders like C:\sapdb or C:\Program Files\SDB. Now run the 7.1 Client installation and you should be able to install Max DB successfully.

If you adopt the second approach, the default password for MAX DB is dba unless you have changed it to another value during the installation of Max DB

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply..its working fine now.

Edited by: RAJESH SHINDE on Sep 12, 2008 8:23 AM