cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Legacy dt upld-problem in uploading fiscal year assets without value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

I am trying to upload Assets which are pertaining to current Fiscal year and for which no depreciation run is taken place , using Tcode AS91,

Initially I got error :

Capitalization date must be earlier than or same as transfer date.

Then I changed transfer date to 31.03.2009 .

Now I am getting error :

Current fiscal year 2008 has to be after transfer date 31.03.2009 .

How do I take these Assets with / without values ?

and if without values , then how can I update Asset values ?

Regards ,

Pallavi .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction code AS91 is used for only for the assets which are already acquired and in use before the transfer date.

If your fiscal year April to March, you have option to give transfer date as 31.03.2007 for the asset acquired during the last fiscal year.

If the assets acquired during the current year say for instance before 31.08.2008, you have to maintain the transfer date as 31.08.2008.

You need to calculate the depreciation up to 31.08.2008 and consider this value while uploading data.

You also need to maintain the Year and period upto depreciation is posted in OAYC transaction code. For the above example, year and period for depreciation posted is, 2008 and period 5.

Let me know if you have any clarifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We uploaded assetmasters up to the last fiscal year with trf date as 31.03.08, now we need to upload asset masters for the current fiscal year for which depreciation is not calculated, we are not able to run depreciation run for the reason depreciation run is set up in legacy system is on yearly basis.

Now what we need to know can we upload assets for the current fiscal year without values and update values later thru AS91, if not, how this scenario can be handled ?

Thanx and Regards ,

Pallavi .

Former Member
0 Kudos

What it is the reason to create new assets during the current year with AS91(legacy assets) instead of AS01 (New asset).

Create assets using AS01 and post values later.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

How can we post values later for those assets?

How can we update values for assets created using AS01?

We are extracting data from 4.6c and uploading it in ECC6.0.

So we are uploading data in mock server to test all scenarios .

We need to update assets values from our 4.6c actual production server in particular time period . We are using AS91 , so that we can update only values later for all uploaded assets in our mock 6.0 server .

This is our scenario . Please tell me how can I upload Assets in fiscal year and update there values later?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

not clear about answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are transferring legacy system data during the current year, select a date in current year as legacy data transfer date., say 31.08.2008, and maintain fiscal year 2007 in Fiscal year field of transaction code OAYC - Depreciation posted up to configuration.

Than you can upload both previous year as well as current year legacy asset using AS91.

For previous year asset you will maintain both Gross book value and accumulated depreciation in takeover value fields.

For current year asset you only give acquisition values, since depreciation is yearly depreciation which will be calculated at the end of fiscal year.

still if you need clarification let us know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I have same scenaio we are uploading the assets on 30.09.2008, so our data transfer date is same.

The issue is

1. When we start AS91 for current year, assets takeover values fields are in display mode.

System configuration was:-

A). Legacy data transfer date was 30.09.2008

B). last period posted in previous system was 6th

C). capitalized date taken by me is after 31.03.2008 (Note: - when I take capitalization date before 31.03.2008, than system show me take over tab in change mode)

2). While doing AS92 also system shows me all takeover tab fields in display mode, when I select capitalization date after 31.03.2008.

The thing is that how we can upload all those assets which we have purchased in the current year and how we will treat with the depreciation in the system

up to which date we should take accumulated dep for previous year assets.

please answer if u want i can raise a seprate question.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kuldeep,

Did u got solution for your Current year legacy assets take over values, if so, could u pls..share with me.

I am facing the same problem now.

Thanks in advance

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rames,

Could u guide me how to post take over values for current year legacy assets

we have depreciation calculation periodicity - 01-monthly,

and depreciation was posted upto 30.11.08 in legacy system.

I have taken Transfer Date/Last Closed Fiscal Year as 30.11.2008

and Last Period Posted in Prv.System (Transf.During FY) as 08/2008.

when i am trying to create legacy asset with capitalization date 05.05.2008 i found the take over value fields for APC and Acc.Dep are greyed out.

pls.. help me

Thanks in Advance

Surya