cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shortfall of 818 days against remaining shelf life

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts:

I am trying to perform MIGO for an inbound delivery coming from a Scheduling Agreement. I got the errror "shortfall of 818 days against remaining shelf life". I checked the material master, the shelf life of the material is 182 days only. How could it be? I would appreciate receiving solutions to the problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This total depends on ur min & max shelf life set in MMR, based on that & ur GRN posting date it will caculate.

plz chk that.

Pandari

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Pls check some points:

You enter the shelf life data into the storage view of the material master record. This data includes:

Maximum time a material can be stored

Minimum shelf life a material must have available to be accepted by the system

Percentage of the total shelf life that must still be available if the goods are to be sent to another distribution point

Time unit used for the shelf life data (days, weeks or years)

Total number of days that the goods can be kept u2013 from production to the shelf life expiration date...

If anything else will soon update it..

Regards

Priyanka.P

AWARD IF HELPFULL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka:

I already did that

Max storage period is 0

Min rem shelf life is 121

Total shelf life is 182

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you create a new batch while doingthe goods receipt or do you use an old existing batch that has already a shelf life? if you use an old batchm then check/change the SLED in MSC2N to be able to receive this batch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

In our process, the batch is created after migo is posted. In this case, no batch was created yet as I was not able to post migo.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what do you enter as manufacturing date or as shelf life date in MIGO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen L.

Posting date is today, shelf life is automatically populated (today +182 days) when performing migo. But when trying to post/save the document, generates the error earlier stated.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can it be that the period indicator for shelf life in material master is different from the period indicator in the purchase order item tab delivery?

E.g. that one is W for week and the other is D for days.

Former Member
0 Kudos

there was a change in the material master several days after the scheduling agreement was created. The period indicator for shelf life was changed from M to D. Would it not adjust accordingly

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a master data change will not update already existing documents like outline agreements or purchase orders.

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

Check the posting date in the MIGO doc?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

posting date is current date and when you click check it would add 182 days to the current date. However, when you try to post, it will give the error.