cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal report export - Crystal report 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used to use CR for VS.net 2005 version to call database to get a dataset, then feed a rpt file, to generate different file format.

Here is the code I used to work with VS2005 version of CR runtime:

ReportDocument doc = new ReportDocument();

doc.Load("path.rpt");

DataSet dsReport = ... // get from db

dsReport.Tables[0].TableName = doc.Database.Tables[0].Location;

doc.SetDataSource(dsReport.Tables[0]);

// set export file option

doc..Export();

rpt was designed through CR 10.

Now, I downloaded a trail version of CR2008, but everytime, when export method called, I got this execption:

Failed to load database information.

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers.ReportSourceClass.Export(ExportOptions pExportOptions, RequestContext pRequestContext)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

Can someone tell me what should I do with CR2008 to fix this problem? If I switched back to CR for vs 2005, then it works.

Thanks,

Jacky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacky,

I recommend to open and save the report in the CR2008 designer to convert to new report architecture.

Next step would be to use the embedded designer in your VS to see if you can open the report there.

Best regards

Falk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, when I open the rpt file in CR2008, it gave me more detail error about one dll is missing. After I re-install it, now everything is working. I don't need re-save rpt file, the old rpt file works fine.

Thanks,

Jacky

Answers (0)