cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic membership on SAP Partner Community for Certified Consultants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I recently got certified last August 29, 2008, On September 4, 2008 i received an email from the SAP Notification Service welcoming me as a new member on the SAP Partner Community and that i have registered as a SAP partner in the marketplace. But I did not register in the marketplace.

As much as i wanted to try and access the links (SAP partner portal link and subscription link) provided in that email i can not do so because the notification email did not contain what USER ID and what PASSWORD i will use.

So my question is:

1. If you get certified does the SAP office in the country where you took the exam automatically register you in the marketplace as a sap partner?

2. Where Or Who can i Ask for my User ID and initial password? (i already replied to the email but i'm not sure if i'll get any response since i believe it is a notification email that is automatically generated)

3. On the latest information provided by sap (thru downloadable Fuel.pdf) they said that one of the benefits of the certification is that the person will have access to a special site for certified consultants, is that site the Partner Community site? or is there any other else? It says there we can track certification updates in that site

The notification email was sent to my company email & the only form i submitted to sap with my company email is of course the registration form for the exam (i did not take academy course, only the exam)

Hoping for your inputs on this

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen, Thanks for the answer.

In Addition, for everyone having same problem, your certification with your previous employer is tied up to that employer and since you are not associated with them already they have option to "mark you for deletion" on sap db of certified person, if that happens if someone makes a verification of your certification sap will not be able to see you on their db therefore it's as good as you're not certified. The solution here is you inform your local SAP contact (the person you inquired for your exam) that you want to have a "Change Status to Independent Consultant", in this you will need to invest a couple bucks more, in my case around 10% of the certification exam fee (for reprinting of your certificate & processing as well) but it's worth it because your certification will be tied up to your own self (you will be tagged as an Independent Company/Consultant) so no risk of being marked for deletion where ever company you transfer in the future. You will receive a new S-ID, certificate, and card also, and enjoy benefits like es workplace access etc, partner engagements etc..

Hope this helps someone in need in the future:)

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at the thread:

It solved the issue for me. Your S-number is on the certificate (without the S).

Jurjen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen

Thanks for replying! i've been watching my question since last week and only now i got an answer

I am still waiting for my certificate which according to sap will be available by next month, after i receive it i can verify your answer:)

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

The scenario i was worried of already happened, i got certified august 29, 2008 and i received my certificate only last december 12, 2008, therefore i learned about my S-ID only december 12, 2008 also.

I am with a new company now than when i took the certification

Now i am trying to request for my password using the link that you gave, i chose option 1 (User ID & email), i got the registration password, but i can not continue with step 3 because the confirmation email was sent to my previous company's email which of course is terminated already due to my resignation. My S-ID is still tied to my previous company email I am stuck with the registration password. Can you provide me the instructions on how to confirm my request and proceed to step 3? (the supposedly content of the confirmation email) I am strongly hoping that there is a workaround to my scenario..

Thanks in advance

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think in that case you should contact your nearest SAP education center. They should be able to link your OSS ID to the right email address.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got a similar email today.

I tried loggin in with my current S-userid and it doesn't work.

I wonder what it is.¨

ray