cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order not shown up for VKM1 (credit block)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created the SO & its has exceeded the credit limit.

The system has put the devliery block due to (credit limit) & the header status is overall bloked but the credit status is showing as "not performed".when i try to list/release the SO from VKM1 or VKM3 the order it self is not visibile here.

Is't due the system status not updated correctly in the SO as "not approved" or else kindly help to let me know how to over come this problem.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you have any control for the release process..like only different people are authorised to release orders related to different customers.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I have not setup any controls for the release process.

Kinldy suggest.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to OVA8 and check the routine in No Credit Check field. It may be possible that your new sales order net value is less than previous value and the routine controls this and does not perform the credit check. Hence, you will not see your order in VKM1.

Do let me know on the same.

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hirshi,

System has performed the credit check & its has pop-up the warning message for the static credit check before saving the order & even the order is been blocked for delivery "with credit check".so that means system has done the credit check.

In OVA8 i hav't assigned any routinue for the "No credit check" its left blank.

Kinldy suggest.

Thanks

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ravinder,

Please check the sales oredr is there any data need to be still filled in the order i.e order having any incompletetion log.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

My order is complete there's no incompletion data left for the SO.

Kinldy suggest.

Thanks