cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object changeability: why are some queries now unmodifiable..?

tony_bramhill2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I recently had BASIS open our BW Production client so I could activate a cube that had been deactivated after a transport to BWP. Then BASIS closed the client (setting = unmodifiable).

After this, some queries in Production are now not available for change. We get this message:

Diagnosis

You want to change objects although the system setting is "Not Changeable".

System Response

The objects cannot be changed.

Procedure

Change the setting for the system or client to "changeable". You can do this using transaction SE06 or SCC4.

For some reason this only occurs for some queries, not all. Some are OK to change, just as they were before.

The client settings are unchanged. I have checked the object changeability options in the Transport Connection - just about everything is set to Everything Changeable or Changeable Original.

Why have some of our queries suddenly become non-changeable??

Points will be given of course for any advice. Thanks in advance

tony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are these queries based on the cube you have actvated? I think probably that has caused the discripancy. If so, open the client again and activate cube+queries simulateanously.

Thanks,...

Shambhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you check what is the package assigned to the queries ?

Maybe this has been change by your operation.

In this case, reassigning the queries to the $TMP package should give you back access for change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you create those queries that are "unchangeable" in Prd or in Dev?

tony_bramhill2
Participant
0 Kudos

Gents

Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately, none of these suggestions made any difference to the problem although they were good things to check.

It turned out that there was role that had changed, and the cause of the problem was simple authority. The message about the client needing to be opened was a Red Herring..

Bad messaging on SAP's part.

Once again, thanks for your help.

tony

Answers (0)