cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release strategy with classfication & w/o classfication problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys

I am facing problem in setting up the release strategy . ECC 6,0 came up default without classification. we need with classification. i set up w/o classification, then delete it and then did with classification.. it works fine for me in the Sand Box , but in dev server it didn't work for me. It is working only w/o classification , When i am trying to set up with classification , it didn't work for me , i am getting the error message in the check release strategy as follows . How i can find which release group need to create ?

Any help will be highly appreciated

Thanks

N

Release code for release group is inconsistent

Message no. ME_RELCHK057

Diagnosis

The release code is not allowed because the associated release group no longer exists.

Procedure

1. Recreate release group .

Note

The release codes and release strategies for a release group are only displayed if the release group still exists. Therefore you must create release group in order to delete the release codes and release strategies.

2. If necessary, delete the release strategies and the release codes for release group .

3. Then delete release group .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per error you are getting you have created release group then deleted, because of this you are getting this error.

To get Release strategy with classification you have to recreate release group then assing release code to it.

Release code for release group is inconsistent

Message no. ME_RELCHK057

Diagnosis

The release code is not allowed because the associated release group no longer exists.

Procedure

1. Recreate release group .

Note

The release codes and release strategies for a release group are only displayed if the release group still exists. Therefore you must create release group in order to delete the release codes and release strategies.

2. If necessary, delete the release strategies and the release codes for release group .

3. Then delete release group .

Regards

Ravi shankar.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

adeel_sarwar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

How did you fix this problem? I have the same issue aswell. Any help would be appreciated. if you could emmail me using my contact button that would be great

thanks

Adeel

former_member575786
Active Participant
0 Kudos

First delete all the settings, assign item wise release , test the release strategy, please do every time CL24N, Check the release strategy log .Once again delete the item wise. check this tables T16FV, T16FK, T16FS. check CL24N, Once again set up the release strategy for header wise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input, Same problem . Release straegy is working w/o classfication.only .I delete it in the descending order and Recreate with classfication. No response at all. How to fix this problem, ? Where i can do the trouble shooting?

Thanks

Ni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you set up the release procedure with classification for purchase requisitions, the procedure without classification is deactivated. The two procedures are mutually exclusive (that is to say, you must decide in favor of one of them only - you cannot use both).

To set up a release procedure with classification, you please delete all entries in the Release codes and Release Groups for Purchasing Requisitions and start a fresh creation of new Release Codes and Release Groups.

Hope you have followed the following procedure:

1. Create characteristics and classes

Note

If you wish to link your release procedure to workflow, you must perform steps 2 and 3. You make these settings in Customizing for Business Workflow (Basis -> Business Management).

Otherwise, continue with step 4.

2. Define organizational plan

3. Assign standard tasks and activate event-receiver linkage.

4. Set up release procedure with classification

a) Create release group

b) Create release code

c) Create release indicator

d) Create release strategy

Note

You need only carry out the following step if you wish to link your release procedure to workflow.

e) Assign release code to a release point

5. Check release strategies

Hope, this time you will be able to perform the PR Release with Clasiification.

Regards,

Narayana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is my problem , I don't know which release group it belongs , it is not in EBAN table too. Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

create the release group which u have deleted , then start deleting from the release statergy to release group in descending order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the table- 'EBAN' you can find the details related to PR release. Eg: For Release group: EBAN-FRGGR

Regards,

Narayana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to find which release group is belongs to ?, Can you please tell me which table it belongs ?