cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to perform System copy for 4.7 (SQL). Can you please give relevant documentation. Thanks

Regards

Venkata

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Log on to service.sap.com/instguidesNW04-> Installations-> SAP Web AS -> SAP Web AS 6.40 SR1 and Related Documentation E -> Homogeneous and Heterogeneous System Copy (including SAP Web AS 6.40 Patch Collection)

The above link will provide you the complete guide for the homogenous and heterogeneous system copy.

Rgds

Radhakrishna D S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information. This has given me some idea. Also I would like to know the correct procedure or the steps involved to perform a system copy.

Regards

Venkata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look at this Snote 151603 which will depict you a complete step by step procedure for system copy SQL

Rgds

Radhakrishna D S

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the information. I was given a task to perform system refresh old PRD for the last two years to our TRN system. How do I copy the las 2 years data?

Regards

Venkata

Edited by: venkata chodagam on Sep 12, 2008 3:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkata chodagam,

If you want to copy last two years data then perform data archiving first.Archive all data before two years and copy the system after that.

Regards

Ashok

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The below note also helps you

Review the Note 799058 - Setting Up Microsoft SQL Server

In this note you cxan see in the Section 3 for III HOMOGENEOUS SYSTEM COPY TO MS SQL SERVER

Thanks & Regards,

Pradeep Srigiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The easiest and fastest way for the homogeneous system copy is described at note:

151603 Copying an SQL Server database

This note helps you clearly to solve the problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Pradeep Srigiri