cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report conversion tool--report partly converted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This is the first time I am using report conversion tool and when I try to convert a particular report it says partly converted. How can I fully convert my report.

I checked in the documentation and it says some features in DeskI defaulty carry partly converted status. What are those features and what if I want to fully convert those features? How does this work.

Please give me some ideas.

Regards

Ash.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I too received a similar error few days back.

The reason behind the error was that when I converted my Desktop Intelligence to Web I , it was not able to connect to the universe.

You can check for the Universe connection and also see that the servers are up and running.

As such I have not found any pre-requisites to be taken care of before conversion but it has been observed that there are a few things which do not get converted using the Conversiontool.

A highly formatted report usually faces such error as number of formatting changes do not reflect.

Regards,

Ekta Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ekta,

Thanks for your reply.

I am having an issue when I open the partly converted report in WebI. I cannot see any prompt values, if I type a value in the prompt field it says an internal error has occured while calling propmts. Does this have anything to do with partly converted status or is this a completely different issue?

Just wondering if my report is partly converted, how and where can we check the features of the report that are not converted.

Also, is there any chance that we can convert these features?

I am guessing that, if some features are partly converted then we have to live with that in WebI. Is this right?

Regards

Ash.

Edited by: Ash Pitt on Sep 16, 2008 2:00 AM