Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCOerror: This system does not let you log on using a password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"JCOerror: This system does not let you log on using a password"

This is the error message I get from MII tries to connect to the Production ECC using my credentials to perform a BAPI call.

These credentials work fine interactively (using the SAP GUI) and for BAPI calls from MII on SAP Development instances.

I can interpret this message in two ways:

- My login can not log on using password (though I can interactively)

- The server does not allow logging on using password only. (It might require to pre-authorize the connecting server as well).

I guess my question can be if this error requires adding additional rights to my login for the production environment, or if this is a global SAP setup for this system? Or something else?

In either way, what is required to have this work?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly try the following options.

• Try executing the BAPI seperately in se37, using your login credentials.

• Check whether RFC is enabled for the BAPI.

• Check whether the SAP server is details are furnished correctly in "SAP Server"(available under "Data Services") editor.

• We can ensure this by checking the connection status link in xMII.(Link is available under "Data Services").

If connection status is "Running" then SAP server setting configuration is fine. Else it is not configured properly.

Try executing the BAPI in BLS(Business Logic Services) using JCO connector.

I believe if any one of these scenarios fail then "Proxy Error" might thrown.

Thanks

Rajesh Sivaprakasam

Former Member
0 Kudos

We can ensure this by checking the connection status link in xMII.(Link is available under "Data Services").

If connection status is "Running" then SAP server setting configuration is fine. Else it is not configured properly.

Rajesh,

What version of MII is this? I have not seen this is 12.0.2 but don't know if this is available beyond this version. I mean this is available for Data Servers but not SAP Servers.

Francois,

Apart from the check list (not sure on the server status though) Rajesh's provided I guess the first task should be to compare the user credentials between Prod & Dev. That should fix it.

Also you have not mentioned if this User is able to log into to SAP Prod using the SAP GUI. I guess that is another thing you would want to verify.

0 Kudos

Hi Francois,

If you can't get a bapi list from a common Search Pattern (something like "RFC_READ_*") in the JCo Interface action block, then you either have a permissions problem or a poorly configured connection. If you can execute BAPI/RFC in SE37 or BAPI with the same credentials, it is most likely a permissions issue.

Good luck,

Mike

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all. The problem was security related.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all. The problem was security related.