cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 10 Enterprise Server Issue - Exporting Large Reports to PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Weu2019re implementing a Crystal Reports 10 Server for a customer but weu2019re having an issue with exporting large reports to PDF. The report size that starts to show this issue is roughly 300 pages with 20 records per page. We use the default Crystal ActiveX viewer.

Basically what happens is that the user will launch the report in the ActiveX viewer and the large report will take a while to load, as much as 3 to 4 minutes. The user may then wish to export to PDF. Once they attempt it with these large reports the viewer will basically hang and possibly be processing but will then time-out after roughly 5 minutes with this error:

u201CProxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request POST /thinqreports/THINQCrystalInterface.asp.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

----

IBM_HTTP_Server/6.1.0.9 Apache/2.0.47 (Unix) Server at lmsproxy.aurora.org Port 443u201D

We believe this error is coming from a server on our network. We have a proxy server between users and the Crystal Server that has a 5 minute time-out for connections. What we want to know is:

- Is there a way to speed up this export to PDF process?

- Should the Crystal Viewer be keeping an http connection alive to the Crystal Report Server while its doing this export process?

- If not, what port does Crystal Viewer use to communicate with the Crystal Report Server?

- Is there something we can set in Crystal to keep an http connection open?

- What is actually occurring during this export process?

Occasionally, we may get the above error when simply launching a report, not just attempting to export to PDF. We presume that is because loading the report into the Crystal Viewer from the Crystal Report Server is taking longer than 5 min.

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.

Scott

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Scott,

As this is happening within Enteprise (and I am assuming the report does not time out in the Crystal Reports Designer) I would suggest posting this to the BusinessObjects Enterprise Administration

forum.

My limited Enterprise knowledge would be to suggest scheduling the report as PDF but I don't know if that is a viable option for you.

Answers (0)