cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Able to Merge in SP06

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We are on the latest patch of SP06 - we are not able merge records - in record mode nor in matching mode !!.

I know of one more client is facing the same problem.

Has anyone faced this issue ?

Edited by: Vinay on Sep 10, 2008 5:59 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Just log on to console and check the roles and users table , where the tab fields is given and just ensure the checkboxes are ticked or not for the user. If it's not there then please tick the checkboxes for matching and merging.

Revert back for further help if required.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Deepankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks folks - I had tried it with Admin user id .. still unable to merge - The build we are using is 5.5.63.57.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

We are facing the same problem with Data Merging. It seems like it is bug in development. And we have raised an high priority message with SAP.

The SAP MDM Development Team is working on our Systems to find out the problem.

Others,

It is not something to do with Authorization and other stuffs.

PS : We have applied Hotpatch 3 (63.64)which SAP asked as to apply to resolve this issue, however that didn't worked

Regards,

Zaheer

Edited by: Zaheer on Sep 12, 2008 8:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay

What is the error message you are getting while merging? I hope you are including the records which needs to be merged.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have access to two diff versions of MDM - in one it works and the other it doesn't . I am sure we are doing it right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have access to two diff versions of MDM - in one it works and the other it doesn't . I am sure we are doing it right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've upgraded to 5.5.63.68 .. and during our investigation - we noticed - if the one of the records being merged fails in validation - merging fails . So run the validations first on these records and then merge.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing this thread as the issue has been resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Try performing the Merge operation with Admin user.

Sudhir may be correct it can be authorization issue.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

check your role authorization for Main table if it is read only, check of you have all functions enabled for MDM data Manger in that Role. It works fine for me

-Sudhir