cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal XI R2 exporting issues with double-byte character sets

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an application that can be run using multiple cultures/languages, chosen at login time. We have discovered an issue when exporting a Crystal report from our application while using a double-byte character set (Korean, Japanese).

The original text when viewed through our application in the Crystal preview window looks correct:

性能 著概要

When exported to Microsoft Word, it also looks correct. However, when we export to PDF or even RPT, the characters are not being converted. The double-byte characters are rendered as boxes instead. It seems that the PDF and RPT exports are somehow not making use of the linked fonts Windows provides for double-byte character sets.

Has anyone seen this behavior? Is SAP/Business Objects/Crystal aware of this? Is there a fix available? Any insights would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While exporting the report to PDF, only two font families are supported; i.e. TTC & TTF.

Check if your fonts belong to these font families.

Thank you,

Jay.

Edited by: Jayendra Upasani on Sep 11, 2008 4:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using a TTF font in our report: Tahoma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the version of CR you are using?

Does the report successfully gets converted to PDF directly through the CR designer?

Regards,

Jayendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Crystal Reports XI Release 2 (version 11.5.0.313).

And yes, this same behavior is exhibited when exporting a PDF from the Crystal report designer environment. I did discover some new behavior that may or may not have any bearing on this issue. When a text field containing double-byte characters is just sitting on the report in the report designer, the box characters are displayed where the Korean characters should be. However, when I double click on the text field to edit the text, the Korean characters suddenly appear, replacing the boxes. And when I exit edit mode of the text field, the boxes are back. And they remain this way when exported, whether from inside the design environment or outside it.

Answers (0)