cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe - Connection Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created a Universe based on a MySQL 5 database. I used an MySQL ODBC 5 connection to connect to the database. After creating the Universe I exported the universe to our Business Objects system.

Once uploaded I created a Crystal Report using the new universe. The report was developed on my local desktop and was published to the Business Objects system once completed.

The report runs properly when previewing locally in the Crystal Report designer, however, when trying to access the published report in Infoview I receive the following error:

Failed to open the connection. TSSI

Unable to retrieve Object.

Failed to open the connection. TSSI

I made sure I created the ODBC connection on the server, and checked to make sure that the information was identical. I also granted full access to my user within Business Objects, so I wouldn't have any restrictions on the report.

Unfortunately, none of these changes affected the outcome. If anyone is able to help, it would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

The connection has got stale....or we can say corrupted.

You can open the universe, edit the connection till the "Finish" button, and once again export the universe back to the repository, and try the reports again.

Or you can create a new connection.

-Shreyash.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the universe connection type do you given- Secure .Please select the Secure connection.

May be it could cause this type error.

Thanks

Rathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roy,

Here is something you need to try on your end:

1- Define the ODBC connection exactly the same way on the BOBJ Server as it is defined on your local machine.

2- Remote in to the server and launch designer and CR Designer (if installed on the server) to make sure everything works adn parses.

If both 1 and 2 pass, I don't see a reason why it won't work in InfoView.

Kashif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

Try the following workaround:

- Import the universe again

- Integrity check: Goto Tools > Check Integrity.

- Export the universe back to the repository

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepti Bajpai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti,

I Imported the Universe and did the Integrity Check. Everything Passed.

I exported the Universe back into the respository and tried launching the Report in Infoview and it still came back with the error mentioned previously.

Is there something I am missing?