cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Seeing Roles in CMC

former_member205400
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have SAP 7.0 SP18 and BOE 3.0 and the integration kit.

I had configured the SAP Entitlement system and was making progress on the rest of the config like /crystal/rptadmin.

Anyway, I went back in to review my roles and I couldn't see any from my SAP system, just the ones I had chosen before on the right.

So, poking around a bit I mis-typed my pwd on the entitlement sys "on purpose" and in the Roles tab I get an err condition that the pwd is bad: Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)

After I put in the proper pwd I don't see anything. So, there is a good connection there, just not rendering the roles.

And ... If I put in a user that has bare auth I get the mesasge: No Auth

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

adil_madid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Indeed when you have a system setup in entitlement and have some roles alreasy imported(right windows) if you mis-type your pwd you won't have any Roles on the Left hand side (coming from your SAP system).

I tried to reproduce without success.

Well, it is behaving as expecting in my case if I put the right pwd again I see the list of Roles available from the SAP system (left handside)

What if you create a new system in your CMC do you see the Roles?

Regards,

Adil

former_member205400
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Are you saying you couldn't reporoduce my problem? You had roles on the left, mis-typed your pwd on the Entitlement system on purpose and when you went back to the Roles tab you still could see roles?

I did delete the system and re-create it, but I'm not seeing any roles on the left still.

I even attempted to create a new system from another sandbox and I can't see those roles on the left either.

The only thing I can remember I changed the directory structure

to: /SAP/SB2/

So, I can manually add these roles back in and then I can login Infoview. I'm getting an error like "filter is null or not an object".

Yeah, I'm getting that error message as I navigate around the folder structure. So, I need to make a chg somewhere,

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

There was also a fix in FP1 for BOE XI 3.0 which might help:

ADAPT01081682

Description:

For some SAP Entitlement systems, the roles list for SAP authentication in the CMC returned no values.

Roland

former_member205400
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Roland,

I had my server admin look for that patch and this is what they said:

We found 2 Fix Packs from the SAP/BO websites:

BOE XI 3.0 FP1

SAP Integration Kit 3.0 FP1

Neither one lists ADAPT01081682 under the list of fixes or release notes.

So .... I am pretty confused. I must be missing something.

Can you explain where I can see that fix or are you just saying that you had this problem and the patch fixed everything?

My admin is nervous of applying random fixes unless we can see the details of the fix somewhere.

Mike

Edited by: Michael Hill on Sep 17, 2008 1:33 AM

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

you should already be able to see FixPack 2 for BusinessObjects Enterprise and BusinessObjects Integration Kit for SAP.

ingo

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Sorry, my bad the fix is in FP2 and concerns only Unix systems.

"The fix is listed in the document: Business Objects XI 3.0 and Crystal Reports 2008 Fixpack2 Fixed issues"

Roland

former_member205400
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, we see the roles fix in Fixpack2. We will apply the fix and let you know if this solved the problem.

OK, so the fixpack did in fct fix the roles problem !!!! thanks very much.

Edited by: Michael Hill on Oct 2, 2008 12:52 AM