cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIH00013 - Invalid Session

Former Member
0 Kudos

When VIEWing a Webi report in BO XI 3.0 in InfoView if I leave it open for more then 20 minutes and I click on "Refresh Data" I get an error message that says "Invalid Session" error WIH00013.

I have modified the session timeout in web.xml file for the InfoView app and the web.xml file in the CMC app to be 60 minutes instead of the default 20 minutes, restarted the servers (both BO and Tomcat) and even modified the Webi server setting "Idle Connection Timeout (minutes)" from the default 20 to 60 minutes. And restarted that too.

Nothing seems to affect it.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try editing web.xml files in Analyticalreporting.war and InfoviewAppActions.war files and make session timeout the same as in Infoviewapp.war.

Redeploy war files and restart your App server after that.

In case of tomcat, you can just edit those web.xml files in /webapps/.... directories.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes this is a Tomcat environment so I've just been modifying the web.xml files directly. I'll try modifying the additional ones you suggested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion. We found that in addition to changing the timeout from 20 minutes to 60 minutes in the Webi server properties and modifying the web.xml (session timeout from 20 minutes to 60 minutes) in the following directories in Tomcat55:

conf

webapps/InfoViewApp

webapps/CmcApp

we had to also modify the web.xml in webapps/AnalyticalReporting

Now our timeout issues when viewing a webi report and modifying a webi report are gone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

I have same problem with David, but I could not find the files that you're suggested. Im using BOXI with 12.4.0.966 version. I had open ticket to SAP, but till now the problem still not solved. Can you please help me to solve this case?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ardilles. We're facing the same issue. Were you able to fix it? Could you share your solution please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erika,

not yet till now.

but you can try to set the session-timeout to 60 minutes in each of the war file InfoviewApp, InfoviewApp Actions, Platform Services inside webapps folder.

it's almost 1 year since the problem happened ..

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Invalid session. Please close your browser and login again. (WIH 00013)

Error occurring when I open a WebI report and go to 2nd or last page of that report. I am able to refresh the report and save it without any issues. Also the same report is working fine in Production. I have imported that report from Prod to test but still it is behaving the same.

The connection time out was already 60 mins (some of the blogs recommended)

Every other report from the same universe it belongs is working fine.

Our Application server is Websphere and we are using BO XI 3.1. Do I have to make any web.xml war files? How do I do it in websphere app server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL

We are in BOXIR2 environment.

When I run the WebI report after 2 minutes , I am getting the

Error : Invalid session. Please close your browser and log on again (WIH 00013),

Can anyone please help me providing me with the solution.

Appreciated ur help.

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have been experiencing the same issue, getting the message within seconds or minutes of logging in. You may want to look at your load balancer configuraion settings for session persistence. We've just recently made a change to session persistence and switched from SSL persistence to cookie persistence and it seems to have addressed our issue, but we are still evaluating it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I also face a similar issue with a SunOne Application server setup. It's a cluster setup and we have not enabled session persistence. When we access the webI report and try to refresh it from about 20 sessions from 5 clients, on all sessions within a second we will get the invalid session error.

thanks,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

For what it's worth we ran into the same problem. Then I found this white paper from BO/SAP which describes how session managment works in BO XI 3.0.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/000c1adc-5d56-2b10-7f99-94be28cf...

It says to make sure and modify all web apps deployed for BO XI 3.0 to use the same timeout value.

-George

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi George,

How do i search this white papers for Xi 3.1/xi 3.0

Please advice

Raj