cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to PowerPoint

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a very simple Dashboard with minimal components. When I export to Adobe or Word, they work just fine. However, when I export to PowerPoint, it fails.

I export to PowerPoint, press 'F5' and the Dashboard runs. I then escape out, save the PowerPoint file. When I open it again and run PowerPoint as a slide show, the only thing showing is the selector component. Everything else disappears.

Anyone have any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Margaret,

Thank you so much! This seems to work.

I have to comment, however, that I'm just a little incredulous that I would have to go through all of this to get this to work in PowerPoint. Xcelsius is being represented as a a method of creating dashboards where this is an easy process of just simply clicking on a button. It seems a shame that it turns out to be much more complicated than that...

Former Member
0 Kudos

That isn't the usual process of inserting a SWF to PPT. Usually Xcelsius inserts the SWF automatically.

You may want to call Xcelsius CS to see if they can troubleshoot further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Margaret,

Thank you for your attempt to help. I apreciate it.

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble getting past step 1. I am running Office 2007 (PowerPoint 2007). You note I should go to "Devloper tab in the ribbon...". I can't find any evidence of a "Developer tab".

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

The Developer tab has to be added to the interface:

1. Click the Office button (main menu button, top left, red-blue-green-yellow graphic)

2. Click the Excel Options button

3. Enable "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon" in the Popular listing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can export to everything including PowerPoint and everything EXCEPT PowerPoint works just fine.

I've cleaned out the Temp folder. I exported to a swf file and it runs just fine. PowerPoint still doesn't work!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

if the export to PowerPoint for some reason does not work, you can export to swf and then insert it into PowerPoint. To insert the swf into PowerPoint presentation, start PowerPoint and do the following:

1)Go to control toolbox. If you have office 2003, you need to right-click on the menu bar and make sure "Control toolbox" is checked. If you have Office 2007, go to Developer tab in the ribbon and find there "Controls".

2) In the control toolbox, click "More controls" button and in the dialog select "Shockwave flash object"; click OK and use mouse to place the flash object on your slide.

3) From the right-click menu of the inserted flash object select "Properties", and in the "Movie" property type the path to your swf file

4) Start slideshow

Hope it helps,

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margaret,

I followed the steps and could successfully create the ppt. But if I tranfer the swf file to some other location the ppt path reference to the swf is lost and blank screen is visible.

When I user trial version I do not face any issue in exporting to ppt. But after installing the bought one, I am unable to generate ppt file unless I open the application first and then open the xlf file within application. And it goes blank after saving it.

Is it software problem? If so, whom do we contact?

Thanks,

Nivedita

Edited by: Nivedita Rathod on Oct 31, 2008 12:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nivedita,

do you use build 121 (initial release) or SP1 (build 247)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its 121, am I to upgrade? If yes, how?

Former Member
0 Kudos

So... does anyone at SAP have an answer to this problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

if you export to swf, does it work fine?

If yes, you can try to clean your temp directory - may be the powerpoint slide points to the wrong swf in Temp. Or you can select the flash object in the Powerpoint slide, invoke "Properties" from right-click menu and type in the "Movie" property the path to the swf file that is working.

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response, Amr.

Unfortunately that did not work...

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi there

i think they have some workaround for this issue

when you open the xcelsius dont open it from the shortcut on ur desktop

just go to the location of the exe file on the program files, and run it