cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Start Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have scenario(file to file) where we get multiple files and is merged using BPM, transformed and sent to the receiver. We have file This is a time based collection. Incoming file adapter is set to poll every 30 sec, and the block in BPM timeout in 2 mins ( for testing purpose).

The BPM receive step (inside the loop) has the start process turned on. The expected behaviour was to receive all files in one instance of BPM and send the merged one out.

It is spawning the multiple BPM instance based on number of files in the sender file adapter. My guess is it is doing this since we have the start process on receive step and for each receive it is starting a new process. How do we eliminate this to have only one instance start as I am not finding any other step prior to receive ( block , and loop) where I can start the process.

Any help is appericiated.

Thanks,

Samir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. If you want to merge the same file format , Use "Loop" step before "Recevie" step. Put some deadline branch , which will ensure your time limit.

This would resolve your problem.

2. If you want to merge different file format , you need to have multiple "Receive" steps and for that you need to use the "Fork" step.

Let me know if you still find any problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Dijesh Tanna.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the BPM collect pattern? If you follow that it should be clear for you. Check your basis swc for the pattern example.

You might look at - BpmPatternCollectTime pattern in SAP BASIS SWC.

VJ

Edited by: VijayaShankar Konam on Sep 10, 2008 7:31 PM