cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Classification?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can i automate the product classification in GTS? If a commodity code gets changed in ecc then it should automatically reflect in gts without using the menu_legalr3...how to do this?

Please help me if you can..

Thanks,

Shruthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member472711
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check OSS note 806625 (Plug-In Reports for Data Transfer to SAP GTS) for details. This note explains the options to transfer commodity code data.

It is preferable if you maintain the commodity code in GTS product master and transfer the same to ECC. In this way, you can eliminate the need for configuring new commodity codes in ECC. In GTS, maintenance of commodity codes is a master data, but in ECC, this is in configuration.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prarit,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please tell me as to where this change pointer table in the backend system is. Also how to use change pointers to have data automatically transferred as you said thru ALE.

Thanks,

Shruthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

My point here is that initially i will transfer all the commodity codes in gts. And then when something changes in ECC then using change pointers cant it get updated in gts automatically? So here we are not using that transaction menu_legalr3 for automation in this case.

Thanks,

Shruthi

former_member58030
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shruthi,

Customer master data, vendor master data, and material master data must be transferred from the backend system to SAP Global Trade Services (SAP GTS). Initially, this master data is uploaded. However, if any changes are made to the master data records in the backend system, these changes must be recorded in SAP GTS.

Changes to master data records are written automatically to a change pointer table in the backend system. However, not all the fields containing changes in the tables are of relevance to SAP GTS processes. To avoid unnecessary data transfers, you must select the fields you specifically require to be included in the change pointer table in your backend system.

Once you activate the ALE change pointers in the backend system, this system automatically distributes the changed data (customers, vendors, materials).

A smaller number of message types ensures that only the fields relevant to SAP GTS and changed in the backend system are transferred from a batch job to SAP GTS.

Thanks,

Prarit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your reply.

Cant we use change pointers? I mean will that not serve the purpose that is if we use change pointers and if there is a change in commodity code in feeder system can it get updated automatically in gts? I am not sure but is that possible?

Thanks,

Shruthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruthi,

We have the option for reclassification using XML uploads or manually. But without using the menu_legalr3... is not possible. Quarterly updates are available with data providers which you can upload. And as in when the authorities change the ECCN's or any other classification for that matter you can even reclassify manually.

Regards

Vivek