cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity between crystal reports 2008 and sap bw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can some one give me the detailed step by step instruction to connect the Crystal reports 2008 to the SAP BW system.

My requirement is to create a report in Crystal using the existing query in BW or any of the data target in the BW system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You can try the below mentioned steps:

Start a Blank report in CR 2008.

Create a new Connection.

Select SAP BW Query/ SAP BW MDX QUERY/ SAP Infosets based on your requirement.

Give the SAP system credentials and you can see the available BW Queries.

Select the queries you want to use in the report.

Just drag and drop the characteristics and key figures into the report and format the report as per your req.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for the reply, i tried to create a new connection but i dont find any SAP BW Query in the window. I find the OLE DB (ADO) option when i click on it , it takes me to the pop up window and asks me the credentials Data Source, User ID, Password, Database and option Integarted Security. Can you please give me the exact steps to connect the Crystal Reports 2008 and SAP BW system.

Regards,

Dilip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Please check whether SAP Business Objects XI SAP Integration 12.0 is installed in your system. If that is installed you will be able to see the BW Query in new connections area. If not install the same and follow the steps mentioned in above post.

Regards,

Sanjay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The easiest way to connect to the SAP BW, I would say is through a existing universe which is based on the SAP BW.

Regards,

Jay.