Did you mean: 

Missed and Wrong CO allocations during month end process

sridevi_p
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

During month end process, 2 issues were found in CO allocations (KSV5) -

1. Some expenses are wrongly allocated

2. Some expenses are missed to be allocated.

Can you please tell me the best practice to handle this situation. Pls. note that there are other cycles that are dependent on this.

Regards,

Sridevi

Edited by: Sridevi on Sep 11, 2008 3:09 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run the cycle again to execute the reversal.

Check the sender and receiver settings to see why some data has missed out of allocation.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sridevi, The SAP best practice is to reverse the wrong allocations including all dependent allocations and redo the allocations once again so that the wrong and missed allocations shall be taken care of. Cheers! Ashok Singh

sridevi_p
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Thanks for the reply, Just for my clarity, say if the amount of reversal is trivial, will transfer postings using KB11N will do, or do i need to do complete reversal again.

Regards,

Sridevi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sridevi, By all means, you can use transfer postings if the amount is trivial with the acceptance of the owners concerned. And at the same time, see that this kind of wrong allocation happens next time. All the best! Trust this helps much! Cheers, Ashok SINGH

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the dependent cycles are already run, reverse them and then reverse KSV5. You have the option of reversing in KSV5 itself in the initial screen (from the menu on top, choose Distribution -> Reverse).