cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending only one approved workitem for multilevel approval in WS20000077

paul_pendleton
Participant
0 Kudos

I have copied workflow template WS20000077. What we want to do is, only send an approved workitem when all approvals have been completed instead of after each release. When the final approver, approves the req it would then send an "approved" work item to the initiator. I am trying to keep from creating a subtype, so if you have ideas that do not involve that I would appreciate it. The release indicator does not seem to be used in any of the containers that I can find. This field is found in the EBAN table and is field FRGKZ. When the last approver has approved the req a value of 2 is placed in that field I believe. That is when we want to send the work item to the initiator.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you want to use a subtype? When the release indicator is not available, you will need to get it somehow. You could create a method for it and then call this method after every approval, but a virtual attribute would be nicer I think. Unless you want to create your own class and create a functional? method which would return the value.

Regards,

Martin

paul_pendleton
Participant
0 Kudos

I think you are correct. My only option looks like I have to create a subtype. I was just reluctant to do this because thought it was a little bit of overkill for this one field. But as you have said there is no way of getting to this value when the req is released via the InfoReleaseEffected method without this attribute being added. Thanks to all who replied with suggestions.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can make use of the RELEASE Event of BUS2105. Once this event gets triggered you can execute a task that will check the Release Indicator. Anyways I think you have to create a Subtype for this.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

To have just 1 notification sent after all stages of approval, you can include a step that gets the Pur req details using BOR BUS2105 and method GETDETAIL.

Fom this step you can extract the release status for the Pur Req and based on the value of the release status, you could have a decision step to either send an approval notification or do nothing.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Satish