cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't log in after install

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed Crystal Reports Server XI. I am unable to log on using the default username (Administrator) and password (blank password). Is there something else I need to do. I'm a CR newbie.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I not sure what was wrong. Our server name contains underscores and I have heard on other sites that IIS doesn't like that. Maybe that was the problem all along. Thanks for all the responses.

Chuck

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Well I've made our product work, configured SSO, etc with servernames with underscores. If you search Microsoft their 2000 DNS did have some issues (before SP3 I think).

The reason I asked you to use the FQDN is this issue has shown up before as a DNS issue and that resolved it. I'd assume you are facing the same thing. Something is wrong with DNS although if it's 2000 SP4 or 2003 then I doubt it has anything to do with the underscore.

Do you have a network admin that can help. Proof is there that it's DNs issue IP = ok hostname = not ok.

regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

We don't use domains. However, I tried changing the server name to the IP address in the URL and it worked.

Thanks for all the help.

Chuck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will,

There is no error message. I'm just directed back to the login page.

Chuck

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

try changing the server hostname in the URL to the FQDN (i.e. http://mytomcatserver:8080 to http://mytomcatserver.mydomain.com:8080)

Is there any yellow exclaimation at the bottom of the page? I've seen issues where browsers are not able to create sessions and a very discrete error is at the bottom of the page.

-Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried restarting the CMS service. I logged into InfoView with and without the port number, upper and lower case, I still cannot log in. This is a totally new installation. Nothing has been migrated.

Chuck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exact error message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your exact error message from either InfoView or the CMC?

Did you migrate data from a previous instance of BOE/CRS? if you did, you need to use your old system's Administrator password (assuming you reimported the Administrator user, it would override the blank password to the old system's).

Will

Former Member
0 Kudos

CMS service is running. Still can't log-in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Restart your CMS and on the login box, field: "System:" try specifiing as well the PORT number where you have installed the CMS, by default it is 6400.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check whether the CMS(Central Management server) in CCM(Central configuration manager) is running,you need to configure the repository(cms) in CCM.

Go to start->Programs->BusinessObjects->Central configuration manager

Regards,

Rajasekar