cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOOK_URL to external catalog integration containing value sapevent:post

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently in process of building OCI 4.0 compliance for our website (a standard J2EE web application) which hosts an external catalog. The customer has done the SRM setup as explained in the OCI documentation and they are able to touch our application.

But the request comes in with the HOOK_URL parameter set as sapevent:post which is creating problem as the website expects this to be a standard URL of the form http://myserver.com/GoBackToThisLink.ext variety.

In previous punchouts with other buyers we have been receiving a URL for this parameter and have been able to successfully run OCI interactions.

Can someone help understand this form parameter value

Regards,

Pavitra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the error message ? Host Unknown?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for asking. But my problem was getting my brain to fit round to the idea of SAP environment

Being SAP illiterate I could not understand how an action could be "sapevent:post" while doing oci punchout. As in pure http world we think of url of the form <scheme name> : <hierarchical part> [ ? <query> ] [ # <fragment>

On searching The only result I was getting was on something called htmlviewer.

Then, in a flash of inspiration (I would think brilliant) I connected that the interaction between SAP to my app was being managed by HTMLViewer which I learned is a wrapper over whatever browser that may be used by the client. And that lead me to think that the wrapper was probably very capable of handling actions called "sapevent"

So I got off my high horse, allowed OCI request with HOOK_URL with sapevent to pass through. I then asked the client to test once more and voila the punchout completed successfully.

I wish there was SAP tester quite like Ariba tester. Which is a boon for people like me who enable punchout on otherside of wall (as suppliers).

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavitra,

I am actually having the same problem where our application expects a real Url in the HOOK_URL parameter and we currently receive the sapevent:post in there.

Unfortunately I have not yet been able to find a solution for this. Do you perhaps know how your Htmlviewer knows where to return the shopping cart information? We don't have this tool but if the tool can handle it, it should also be possible to handle it with something else. I even installed ethereal and tracked all the requests from the customer but still couldn't find anything usefull in there.

Thanks in advance for your help.