cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to add one alert for one SWCV.

but there are options only for namespaces....i have got 10 namespaces under one SWCV to be added for one alert...any ideas...how to add one SWCV to one one alert..

we are doing it by ALRTCATDEF

urn:tcc.com:ona:*

will the above format work for names pace....

Edited by: Harsha reddy on Sep 10, 2008 10:27 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

As far as know,you need to add the namespaces separately in all the cases.i never came across a way to add SWCV

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well,

In that case,we have around 180 interfaces,should we create 180 alerts ?

we have got interfaces divide by business functionality.so now i have a 15 interfaces under one software component.If so how should i create one ALERT for all the 15 interfaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you said, you need to create one alert for each business functionality. As business functionality is same there should be common Sender , Receiver.

Create Alert rule in RWB using that and than it will create one alert for all that 15 interface.

Thanks & Regards,

Dijesh Tanna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

If this is the case then the alert rule must not be designed based upon the namespace,but upon the sender/receiver business system.

Also out of curiosity,why do you have separate alert categories defined?can't you define just one alert category but use container variables to populate variables and trigger meaningful alerts,in this case you can just give * for all the values in alert configuration in RWB.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also have 1 Alert category for all the Interface as well. It depends on your decision whether you want single alert category for all interface or multiple.

The multiple alert category would be useful in case where u want to separate the receipt. So generally it is wiser to have alert category according to the Business functionality and than u can forward that to specific set of people.

Thanks & Regards,

Dijesh Tanna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir,

Reason why we are going with different categories is,Recepients mail ID are to be added right.

Everyone would get a mail for all the 180 interfaces.that would be a mess right....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Otherwise create different alert categories and alert rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah,that would be the issue.Now i guess it would be better to configure alerts based upon business system.

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (0)