cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open data extraction request during patch upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Friends,

i am gettin following error while applying aupport package on QA server.

Open data extraction requests

Phase CHECK_REQUIREMENT: Explanation of the error open data extraction request

The system has found a number of open data extraction request.These should be processed before starting the object import process as chnage to DDIC structure could prevent data extraction request from being read after the import. Thus causing the ternate . you can find more information about this problem in sap note 328181

Call the customizing cockpit data extraction transistion and process all open extraction request.

If I skip this messege

You should take the warning about open update and data extraction request seriously and process all request before importing the queue. If you do not act this warning . It may no longer be possible to process the request after completion of the import process.

please help on above issue because of it, not able to apply patch

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koushal,

I am facing the same problem now. Have you solved the problem? if so, could you pls teach me how to solve it. Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Samson

Former Member
0 Kudos

We encountered this same problem also, applying ABAP support pack to 4.7 to bring our ABAP from SAPKB62055 to SAPKB62062, the level required to later upgrade.

From reading the notes & other guides, we thought this just meant that any pending RFCs to transfer (extract) BW data from SAP to the BW system needed to be completed. So we cleared out any pending updates via LBWQ (same as SMQ1). Also, via the Logistics BW cockpit, LBWE, we set to inactive any extractors.

However, even after we had done this, we still received the same message in SPAM.

But there is an additional transaction where you need to delete setup data via LBWG. We needed to Run LBWG on 02,03,04,11,12,13.

See this Note 1083709 - Error when you import Support Packages

Incidentally, this was required not only for the SPAM, but also to upgrade from 4.7 to 6.0. See the below Note, which gives a report that can be run to see which setup tables contain data.

Note 1081287 - Data extraction orders block the upgrade process

A further tip in case you see entries in SMQ1 for a non-existent client:

As per above, we know that we have to go to SMQ1 (same as LBWQ) and delete any outbound RFC queues.

The problem in our QA system was that there were some from client 444, a client which no longer exists.

SAP has a ABAP RSTRFCQD but this ABAP can't delete in other clients.

One idea was to recreate the client via SCC4 so that we could logon to that client and run the ABAP. But we did not have the SAP* password for QA st the moment.

Deemed easier that deleting SAP* and restarting the system, we just used SQL and deleted the entries from client 444 in the same table SAP's job RSVBCHCK was checking:

delete from TRFCQOUT where QNAME = 'MCEX11' and MANDT = '444'

delete from TRFCQOUT where QNAME = 'MCEX12' and MANDT = '444'