cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while trying to Upload the modified standard uwl.standard.xml

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Forum,

I am working on the UWL customization. I have a situation like i have to remove the links that appear in the ViewDetail of any UWL request. When we open any of the request and VIew the details of it we see the links in the right such as:

You can also:

Add Memo

Display Details in SAP Gui

Attachments Manager

Create Ad-Hoc Request

View History

Now the requirement is to remove the underlined actions. I read from some forum that i have to comment the actions those were defined in the uwl.standard.xml

I have commented the actions in the uwl.standard.xml and now when i'm trying to upload the file i get the error message saying:

Wed Sep 10 14:22:10 CDT 2008 : Operation not allowed on standard configuration:uwl.standard

How do i upload this modified file? Please suggest me.

Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Krishna,

Instead of modifying the UWL configuration file, this is possible by changing some property in the UWL iView itself.

Open the UWL iView --> Goto property called List of UWL Actions to Be Excluded --> Enter followUp,launchSAPDetails,manageAttachments,uwlTaskWizard,viewHistory and save your changes.

Regarding your error, what you can do is while upload "use Upload with High priority". If that does not work then backup the standard configuration, delete the changes, clear the UWL cache and then upload your new custom configuration as uwl.standard.

Chintan

Answers (0)