cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Report Execution and Viewing

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have some reports that were originally developed in Crystal Reports 5 running on Crystal Reports Xi now.

Our users reported getting the following error while printing

Error in File C:\temp\{72703900-5223-49CB-8C2A-A83FCFCA4447}.rpt: The request could not be submitted for background processing.

When I refresh this report using the crsytal reports tool (desktop tool), I see the report, but as I am browsing the report using the navigation buttons, I get the following error on one page. After reporting this error, the application shuts down.

CiceroUIWndFrame:crw32.exe - Application Error

The exception Integer division by zero.

(0xc000094) occurred in the application at the location x2c03a340

Click OK to terminate program

Click CANCEL to debug program

I checked the formulas and sql queries on this report and there is no division of any sort being performed. There is some grouping being done.. but the flelds being grouped on have data and I think its unlikely that the grouping would cause this error.

I am using windows XP sp2. The server is a windows 2000 server with IIS going against a sql server 9 version database.

Thanks,

Jayashree

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know you checked the formulas in the report and there is no division. Can you re-check them to see if you're using the REMAINDER function anywhere?

Of course the remainder function has to do division in order to arrive at a remainder.

If you find an instance then simply check the field values you're using to divide.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Thank you for your quick response.

I checked the report and the remainder functions is not being used.

The only formulas being used in the report are the following.

UpperCase ([1]) + ", " + - This is set to @name

{@name} + " (" + + ")"

There are some formatting formulas set on the above values, but other than that, there is a sql query and the "select distinct rows" and "perform grouping on server" is selected.

Thanks,

Jayashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check for conditional formatting in the section expert for all the sections in the report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the section expert again. Its using the format formulas and the data being used in the report is mostly text or is being treated as text. The text is being displayed in various places in the report. There doesn;t appear to be a remainder function or any other arithmetic going on.

Since I get the error and it shuts down the crystal reports application, I was wondering if it may be a bug in the tool/application/processing engine rather than a formula in the report.

Thanks,

Jayashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to do a google search on "CiceroUIWndFrame"