Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helpdesk Authorisation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My team decided to assign basic user admin activities like lock/unlock, change password and change validity dates of user account, creation of user to Help Desk.

I was trying to find any role/group which would give access to ONLY this activities on xMII NW UME but no luck.

I did not find any roles with these activites like we have on PI Java NW UME(user admin/security admin/...).

Can you guyz suggest me, is there any way I can give only above authorizations to helpdesk.

Thank you All.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I was trying to find any role/group which would give access to ONLY this activities on xMII NW UME but no luck.

> I did not find any roles with these activites like we have on PI Java NW UME(user admin/security admin/...).

Bernard, i guess he is talking in some UME terms and not ABAP. "....like we have on PI Java NW UME..."

Regards,

Zaheer

7 REPLIES 7

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

pls create your own role for user administration for your helpdesk.

Resetting passwords and unlocking can be covered by authorizations (S_USER_GRP, ACTVT=05), but setting validities requires 02, which 'opens' the complete SU01.

So as ever.....if you want to limit access....:

Create a z-variant in SHD0 for SU01 releasing only the fields the helpdesk may update.

Assign a z-tcode. Allow your helpdesk only to use that z-tcode and not su01.

Thats it.

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I was trying to find any role/group which would give access to ONLY this activities on xMII NW UME but no luck.

> I did not find any roles with these activites like we have on PI Java NW UME(user admin/security admin/...).

Bernard, i guess he is talking in some UME terms and not ABAP. "....like we have on PI Java NW UME..."

Regards,

Zaheer

0 Kudos

...ok, lets see, what Anil adds.... thx anyway, Bernhard

0 Kudos

you got it correct Zaheer its on Java stack and not on ABAP side, I see roles on PI NW UME for user admin, but not at xMII UME.

And as we know we have no option on Java side to customize tcodes or roles.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hello All - Is there any way out, please share your ideas.

Thank You.

0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

You can create a custom role with UME actions for user management.

UME Action Name : UME.Manage_Users

Check out this documentation for further info on standard UME actions:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/5f/670db7939b8e48999d65f8a05ad611/content.htm

PS : Where there's a Will, there's a way;-)

Regards,

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Zaheer...! It worked 'You Are The MAN'...I dont know how I missed this route...I am doing this on PI/XI...some times I become dumb......

I really appreciate your help and I will give full marks for your help.

Thanks Much!