cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What differentiates with respective sap client/system for tables in sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a question on tables in sap. When I try to modify a Z table, itu2019s getting with display only (Message getting as "Client 100 has status 'not modifiable'").

When I do the following changes the table is allowing modifying:

1. Open client100 through Txcode SCC4 to allow changes to Repository and Cross-Client customizing.

2. System change option Global setting & Software components, Name space/name range has change to "Modifiable" through Txcode SE06.

Qn: - How can we know which tables can be modifiable and which tables will not allow to modify as long as you open the sap system/client to modifiable status.

Please help me so that I can make necessary changes to Z table properties/settings, then we have to modify it without opening sap system/client.

Thanks in advance,

Sridhar M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

SE06 Used for global setting,any setting over there will be applicable for all client.

There is client specific and cross-client (client independent tables).

If for example you have client 100 setting changes to Repository and Cross-Client customizing is allowed then user login through that client 100 can change a client-independent table.If not he can not.But if the global setting is modifiable then the user will always be able to change a Z table.

only global getting have effect on client-specific table or z table

So the setting will be decided from global or client level not from table level.If you want to make changes to z tables then keep the global setting to modifiable.If you want to allow client-independent table to be changed then set changes to Repository and Cross-Client customizing is allowed unless not allowed.

Regards

Ashok