cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input tax - from 4.6 to ECC 6.0 calculates differently

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, little issue here. Now i don't know if now it is working as designed and 4.6 was incorrect or if ECC6 is incorrect. We just upgraded from $.6C to ECC 6.

In 4.6 Acct would post an accrual for use tax and it would post fine with out posting use tax automatically., they would just post it to a manual use tax account. They would post Db to Expense, Cr to Sales use Tax Manual - both would have U1 tax code - Self Assessed tax. Exp line had differnt Tax Jurisd. Code then the Sales Use Tax manual account had, but still in the same state. When i look at the Tax data, i would have base amounts, i would have Percentages, but i would not have any tax amount values, so there would be no additional postings to the entry, which is what they wanted and have been getting.

Now in ECC6 - same scenario, but however what the system is now doing is, it is increasing the expense line, along with the manual Sales and Use tax account, then there would be the Auto posting to the Sales and use tax account in OB40. So now our accounts are overstated. The only way to get ECC6 to react the same,is to make sure the two jurisdiction codes are the same, and it won't calculate additional lines.

Now i would think ECC 6 is working as designed, but if the amounts posting to the Auto post Sales and Use tax accounts are a wash, why is it posting and why does it increase the amount of the Expense account and B/S account first? i need help in figuring if our 4.6 system was incorrect or correct, and if correct, how do i fix ECC6?

PS- We are using Vertex.

Thanks

Sean Dwyer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One other thing that might be of interest. When io click on the button for tax data, in 4.6, you would see a debit for one jurisdiction code(Federal), and a credit for the same code, then you would see a debit for the next code (State) and a credit for the same code, and so on for all the different areas. But in ECC6, i see a debit for all codes (Fed, state, locl..) then i see the group of Credits for all codes. now i am not sure if that has anything to do with the issue, but i am just grasping at straws.

Thanks,

Sean