cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with NWDS...and property files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all. I am trying to execute some of the examples in the Development & Extension Guide Tutorial and I have a question. I am using NWDS and have built a new B2B application and deployed it, I am trying to add a new field and have made some modifications to the JSP by checking it out. The next step is to modify the properties file to set the new fields label using the <ISA:Translate> tag. The problem that I have is that the ISAResources_en.properties file is not in the NWDS projects. I have not been able to figure out how to added it and have it deployed properly - I am new to NWDS. I also see that many property and XML configuration files are not in my project in NWDS.

Question: are these files maintained outside of NWDS, or is there some way to get them included into the project? I have create a new project under crm/home/shr/ext but I think I am missing something. I would think these files would be maintained in NWDS, not manually so that they are versioned in the DTR.

Any advice or guidence would be appreciated.

DMM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Donald,

All the properties files are available in web/b2b project under source folder in your NWDS.

You will find the files with .xlf extension. When you open this file it will ask for the activity, Just confirm the existing activity or create a new activity.

All these files are compiled into .properties files. You can see the properties files created when u try to change the .xlf file. all the changes are reflected in the properties files.

Add a new key to xlf file is easy. Just click the add button and add the key name and value.

You can even specify the key type also like lable etc.

The general recommondation to keep the type is lable only.

Regards,

Sateesh Chandra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

devendervb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Expand your Project

2) Under WEB-INF folder figure out classes folder

3) under classes folder you can find lot of property files.

ok.

You can add your property I mean key and value eg.. b2b.ord.search=search, in any properties file under

*_en.properties(note: if you are using english, by default it will take English).

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Devender

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Donald!

Are you talking about CRM 5.0? If yes then read follows.

As I know you can put in crm/home/shr/ext only your new *.java files. Any others files will not affect to your modified application.

Many of (but not all) JSPs. XML and other files (including properties) you can find in DC crm/isa/web/b2b. You should create project for this DC and after that you'll be able to modify needed files. It seems that modify standart JSPs is only way to get needed changes. If you need new JSPs you should put it in this DC too.

But as I've mentioned above, NOT of all JSPs and other files are in this DC. Some of them are in other DCs. You may these files it via web interface for DTR and create projects for appropriated DCs.

Hope this helps

Regards, Lev

Edited by: Lev Kulaev on Sep 11, 2008 11:26 AM