cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear UDF contents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a UDF in the header level of our ItemMaster data. The number in this field is used to calculate discount and new price.

The trouble now is that we need to remove all of these numbers using DTW, there are too many to update manually.

I tried using a / in the fields we want cleared but it seems to give the UDF a value of 0 instead of clearing it completely (I am assuming this is because the UDF is defined as a numeric value).

Is it possible to use DTW to "clear the contents" of a UDF, as opposed to replacing it with a "0"?

Many Thanks,

-Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

keith_taylor2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steve,

If I understand the posts correctly - you are looking to clear all values in one or more user defined fields.

Why not just delete the user defined field from the setup screen. By doing so that will remove the field from the system.

Make sure this is what you want to do first and always perform a backup but this should solve your issue

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steve,

We could do it through SQL since it is only a UDF and not a SAP table.

Does this UDF have valid values defined and if so what are those?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This UDF doesn't have valid fields defined.

This goes back to a thread I posted some time ago asking about item based quantity discounts. Even though the functionality exists within SBO, our partner company had to write an addon to handle this (not sure why).

So we have 6 total UDFs.

Level1Qty - 2

Level2Qty - 4

Level3Qty - 6

Level1Price - .90

Level2Price - .80

Level3Price - .70

If the buyer purchases 2 of an item they get the level 1 price, 4 items gets them level 2 price, 6 items gets them level 3 price.

By using DTW to replace the numbers (they are all just numeric values) with zeros, I am worried that it is going to adjust the price for all of these items to $0.00 regardless of how many they buy. This is why I would prefer to have the fields blank.

The only work around I can think of is to set all of those field values to 9999999 since no one will ever buy 999999 of an item.

I would prefer to stay away from editing via SQL unless necessary. What are the steps involved in doing it via SQL?

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am really curious to know who this wonderful Partner is? You could simply disable this AddOn?

To UPDATE, Run a SQL UPDATE on this Field. Or you could check this thread

Are these numeric fields?

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suda,

I don't feel comfortable saying the name of our partner. I like to hope there was a good reason to do things the way they did.

Yes, these are numeric fields.

This is interesting in that the SAP note linked in the thread you showed me, the note clearly states that using a / will "update a field with a blank value". This is not what is happening when I update these UDF's. They are definitely being populated with zeros instead of being blank. I have tested this multiple times and gotten the same results. Probably this is because the UDF is defined as Numeric?

I am not very familiar with updating tables via SQL. I will have to do some research before I dive into updating those tables directly.

Thanks,

-Steve