cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP Choose From List became Blank, All users affected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all:

I hope anyone had the similar problem before. Our BP list became blank and B1 has to be restarted from frozen state whenever any users select this function. All users are affected.

What can be the root cause of this?

Hope somebody could give solution soon.

Thanks in advance,

Gordon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gordon,

When does this happen? Is this in a marketing document?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not only marketing documents but whenever any users try to bring up the BP list such as a * entered in the BP master data.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did it just start happening. I really don't like to ask you the questions since I know you might have done the initial tests?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon--

I have actually seen something like this happen. Someone had changed the form settings for the choose-from list in such a way that it was trying to group by two mutually exclusive fields. It gave the system a complete nervous breakdown. See if you can check it out - you may be able to reset to defaults.

Marcia

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right. It is started this morning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could not think anybody should change this form in anyway. However, I have no way to go into the list hence it will stop me too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to set the parameters for the choose-from in such a way that it will only find a very few entries (e.g., enter several characters before *). It might be able to handle a very short selection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What ever put in, it immediately stop B1. There is no option to do anything.

jitin_chawla
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Gordon,

Please check the following :

1 ) whether there are lots of records for the Business Partners?

2) Whether in the form Settings some Grouping is being done which needs time to display.

Chances are for the second option. If you check by restore defaults for the Form Settings in Choose from List, it may work.

Regards,

Jitin Chawla

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this happening for all the users / just a few?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody. It is because one of superuser just want to group everything.