cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End Users not getting prompts for Parameters in Crystal Viewer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have this issue where I have assigned Static Parameters for a report but when i send it to the end user the report wont pull up any parameter options in Crystal Viewer. Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Depending on the version of the Assemblies you are using depends on if this will work. .NET uses CR 10 which does not support dynamic parameters. You need to use the CR XI R2 or above assemblies and RAS to use them.

Please re-post if this is still an issue to the Legacy Application Development SDKs Forum or purchase a case and have a dedicated support engineer work with you directly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

-Is report works fine in designer?

-Are you running your application through custom application. .Net or java?

-If you are using .Net then which version of VS and Crystal report you are using?

-If you are getting issue with .Net application then post your question on [.Net Develpoment Crystal Report Forum|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/businessobjects-sdk-forums]

or if with Java then post it on Java Development - Crystal Reports .As this is a Crystal Report Design forum.

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

It prompts me in developer but not in viewer. I uploaded the report Via .NET Server and had it emailed out to the end user. I do not have "save data with report" checked now, i did before. It's still not working.

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nick,

You mentioned that you uploaded the report via .Net server and emailed it to the user. What happens if you run the report in the Crystal Reports designer and then email the report to the user?

Do they see the interactive parameter panel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you run it locally it prompts for the parameters?

try to verify the database, and make sure save data with report isnt checked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it does prompt for them. The database is fine, it does connect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you verified and it prompted fine?

can you run it in the viewer and get prompt?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I can't get prompted in the Viewer.. that is the problem.