cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a problem in Alert Management. Let me tell you first about the configuration been made still. Two alert categories been created in ALRTCATDEF and five rules been created for each alert categories, that means there are total 10 alert rules for two alert categories. In transaction SCOT the email addresses been maintained to receive the alerts through emails. For CCMSR registration, CSMREG been used. CCMSLERT user have been created under client 000 as a sender of alerts. CCMSALERT user is used to send ll the alerts to the email addresses been maintained in SCOT and SU01. And finally in RunTime Workbench->Alert Inbox-> Subscription, here I have subscribed the two alert categories.

I hope this is the correct configuration what have been made still. Please let me know if I missed out anything. Now let me tell you the problem I am facing now.

The problem is now that I have triggered one error which I can't find in Alert Inbox. That means somehow something, some configuration is not able to catch the alerts.

Would be great if nybody can clear me up and help me to get into the right way to resolve the problem I am facing now. I know it's a minor problem, but can't trace it out at this moment and here your expert support is required.

Regards

Soumya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

also check SAP Note 913858 .

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Thanks for you SAP note, it helps a lot. The problem was in XIRWBUSER, I have changed the password and it works. But again a new problem is coming. Its like that, for each alert categories I have defined five rules, that means total 10 rules for two alert categories, those are in Rule Active and Suppress the Multiple alerts box checked. But for one error, I am getting 10 alerts, can you pls tell me what could the reason behind this?

Regards

Soumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>But for one error, I am getting 10 alerts, can you pls tell me what could the reason behind this?

This is constraint of alert mechanism in XI.

You get multiple alerts for single error,the reason is that since XI will try multiple times to process a failed message so each time it fails in its tries it will send an e-mail.to stop this the "Suppress multiple alert" box is checked but what it does is that it stops all the alerts of that specific rule until the first one is confirmed.Personally i myself (and other experts too) suggest to leave the box unchecked coz its better to get tons of mails for a specific error rather than not getting any e-mail and thereby wasting time in tracking/solving the issue resulting in revenue loss to client

Aamir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Please uncheck the "Suppress multiple alerts" checkbox in alert configuration in RWB,its probably checked right now.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

yeah you are right, it's checked right now. But this is working in other environment. What is this for? I don't think so this is creating any problem.

Regards

Soumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>What is this for? I don't think so this is creating any problem.

If its checked,then new alerts will not be triggered until and unless older alerts are expired or confirmed.

When u uncheck it,alerts will be triggered irrespective of others already confirmed or not.

Thanx

Aamir

Edited by: Aamir Suhail on Sep 10, 2008 12:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Fine. But there are no older alerts in the inbox, since the configuration is new. So, what do you think, is this stopping the alerts for coming into the alert inbox?

Regards

Soumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not go ahead and try it,if it works i'll let you know the whole process:)

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok fine Aamir, I will try this on tomorrrow and will let you know whether it is working or not. I am not closing this thread till, but your answer is quite helpful, I am giving you helpful point and will change that to solved or very helpful if it works

Thanks

Soumya

Edited by: Soumya Brata Das on Sep 10, 2008 8:01 PM