cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany reconciliation - help with customizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello I am trying to make work the ICR functionality but I could not make it work yet. I'll appreciate any help or guidance about this functionality.

So far I have done (following note 863630):

1. create A & B as companies

2. set company code A as company

set company code B as company

3. set in OBYA the postings for clearing between company codes

A & B

4. I have created A & B as vendor and customer popolating companies A & B as Trading Partner.

5. FBICIMG3

5.1 Define Enhancements in sender system - standard

5.2 Define Reconciliation Process Attributes - standard

5.3 Create Additional Fields - standard

5.4 Activate Processes - standard

5.5 Activate Transaction Data Tables - standard

5.6 Maintain Field Catalogs - standard

5.7 Define Reconciliation Process Detail Attributes - process '003' chage recieving ledger to '0L' and chart of accounts to local CoA.

5.8 Define Ledger -standard

5.9 Define Enhancements - standard

5.10 Companies to be Reconciled- set company code A & B; check local company; Sender field for reference = XBLNR for A & B

5. 11 Maintain Number Range for Group Reference Numbers: I've created the number range for process '003'

5.12 Define Rules for Document Assignments - check for '003' the rule 'SAP0050' (I understood that this one would check documentos's xblnr)

5.13 Set Up Reconciliation Display - standard

5.14 Define Sets - standard

5.15 Set Up Display Categories and Subcategories - standard

5.16 Define Possible Status for Documents - standard

5.17 Define Enhancements - standard

At this moment doing that, running transaction FBICS3 (version = 1) the system shows this information:

@5B\QInformation@ Select open items with key date 30.09.2008. Store data in 009/2008.

@5B\QInformation@ Company A/Partner : Number of selected open records: 18

@5B\QInformation@ Company A/Partner : Number of transferred new records: 18

@5B\QInformation@ Company A/Partner A: Number of selected open records: 65

@5B\QInformation@ Company A/Partner A: Number of transferred new records: 65

@5B\QInformation@ Company B/Partner A: Number of selected open records: 75

@5B\QInformation@ Company B/Partner A: Number of transferred new records: 75

so it seems that some data are transferred....

but when I run 'FBICA3 - Customer/Vendor: Document Assignment' the system displays the message "No data selected according to the specified restrictions"

and when I run 'FBICR3 - Customer/Vendor: Reconcile Documents' the system displays the message " No data selected.

I will appreciate any guidance about this matter, I need to configure ICR in order to clear AR/AP transactions (process '003') but I cannot make it work.

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member572578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rafael,

Please specify what parameters you are using for FBICS3 and FBICA3 regarding:

Company

Partner

Version

Year

Period

Then check these values against the data records stored in FBICRC003A. Also, please check the ledger specified in the process detail attributes against the ledger in FBICRC003A.

Best regards,

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

FBICS3

Company - from A to B

Partner - this field is not in screen

Version - 001

Year - 2008

Period -09

FBICA3

Company - from A to B

Partner - from A to B

Version - 001

Year - 2008

Period -09

So far, nothing is stored at table FBICRC003A, I have re-executed trx FBICS3 and now (not shown before) the system displays the message "Process 003 is not active. Complete customizing before starting programs." altought the process is active in step 5.4 Activate Processes in FBICIMG3

former_member572578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rafael,

Apparently you did not run transaction FBIC004 IMG Activity Activate Transaction Data Tables yet. This step is mandatory. Also, you need to run this transaction in each system separately since the FI posting framework is generated. You should schedule this for a time when no or only a few FI postings are performed.

Best regards,

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph, the system shows this message:

-

Note the consequences of installing or deleting

Message no. GG659

• Diagnosis*

(...) You should also not install in your test

client if the test client and the productive client operate on the same system and postings have already been made in the productive client.This is because you will change control tables that may currently be being processed. Entries in cross-client tables will also be changed. The installation effects all clients in your system. In addition to this, the generation techniques will generate new programs, which will overwrite and replace the presently functioning programs. This can lead to abnormal program terminations and errors in the postings.

-

I think I should find a "sand box" system before activating this...

former_member572578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rafael,

The message is "only" a warning but it is a serious one. As I wrote the FI posting framework is generated when you execute this transaction. If this is happening while FI documents are posted these postings may abort (most of the time they will simply wait until generation is complete). But yes, you should definitely not run this when you are running large batch input sessions...

Best regards,

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph, I finally have configured a "sandbox" system and I have done (again) the following steps:

1. create A & B as companies

2. set company code A as company

set company code B as company

3. set in OBYA the postings for clearing between company codes

A & B

4. I have created A & B as vendor and customer popolating companies A & B as Trading Partner.

5. FBICIMG3

5.1 Define Enhancements in sender system - standard

5.2 Define Reconciliation Process Attributes - standard

5.3 Create Additional Fields - standard

5.4 Activate Processes - I have inactivate process FBICRC001A & FBICRC002A and FBICRC003A is activated.

5.5 Activate Transaction Data Tables --> activated

5.7 Define Reconciliation Process Detail Attributes .

at this step I have done (FIBC010):

- set local CoA in processes '001' & '002' (seems to be mandatory) although processes '001' & '002' are not activated. Processes '003' do not need (?) to set a CoA.

I am facing a problem. In trx FIBC010 I try to set Ledger '0L' as receiving ledger for process '003' and '001' and as recieving & sender ledger for process '002' but system shows me the message: Ledger 0L is not a valid receiver ledger.

Do I have to create a special ledger in order to configure IR? where?

Thanks in advance

Rafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph, apologies for "asking" before looking into SDN for the solution. I have found this question solved by you regarding more or less my last question:

[ ICR process 003 - question about handling and ledger| ]

In that post you said:

et's assume that you specify ledger I3 for process 003 without creating the ledger right now. All data records will be posted into FBICRC003A and FBICRC003T with RLDNR = I3. In June of next year you decide you would like to delete the old data from previous years and also delete redundant index table entries (which are not deleted by the auxiliary program) you could create the master data for ledger I3(without assigning any companies or activities) and run GCDE to get rid of the data.

We did not want to make our customers feel like they had to start setting up special ledgers just to do their reconciliation. But SL is a very nice tool which can conveniently be used for data storage which is why it is used by ICR. And it has a lot of tools - if you want to use them.

I understand that configuring a SL is not mandatory and I can set I3 in trx code FBIC010. Correct me if I am wrong please.

former_member572578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rafael,

Your understanding is correct.

Best regards,

Ralph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this question is not answered yet.