cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Viewer does not look like Development Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is my problem:

1. I design a report (Crystal 11.5.9.1076) and all my fields and headings are aligned and visible.

2. The crystal report viewer (Viewer Crystal X1 R2 Client SP3) cuts off the left side of several of my heading and data fields when I view it from my application on my XP machine.

3. When the report is printed from the viewer on my XP machine, the field are aligned and visible.

Is there something wrong with the viewer?

Thanks,

Linda Fleming

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If visual studio is not in use and the issue is in designer only than I would suggest you to post a query in design section of the Forum as it is monitored by design experts and they will be able to give you proper direction effectively.

You will find it under the Business Objects - Crystal Design section.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

The report looks nice in my designer. When I use the viewer from a .net project, the fields are not aligned correctly and some are cut off.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Linda;

Is this happening on the development computer, or a client install? If it is the development, do you have our latest Service Pack installed? Open the report in the CR Designer, and turn on the No Printer option. Save the report, and see if that helps.

Regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Design: (Crystal 11.5.9.1076) and all my fields and headings are aligned and visible. I have service pack 3. *Is this the latest version?*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

the latest service pack of CR XI R2 is SP4.

you can download it from [here|http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/service_packs/crystal_reports_en.asp#CRXIR2].

Hope this helps

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I installed SP4 and will test with that.

What is the latest version of the Viewer?

Linda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update:

Version: Crystal 11.5.10.1263

Viewer: installed Crystal XI R2 Client.msi

The Designer and Viewer fields are aligned.

The Export to Excel freaks out. It makes several columns for one column. Since our client uses the Excel file, this needs to be resolved. Please advise!

Thanks,

Linda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Linda;

If you open the report in the Crystal Reports Designer, and export to Excel from there, do you get the same results?

If so, please post this new issue to our Design Forum.

Regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok....I see. the fields cannot overlap in the designer or Excel does not know what to do with them. When will there be an option to store to Excel from Office 2007?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have also had the same issues here with the Crystal viewer truncating fields so I was wondering if this problem was resolved at any point.

We have been searching for an answer for nearly 4 years on this !!!

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Richard, there are a number of reasons for this behavior and a number of possible solutions. I'd recommend starting a new thread. Explain the details of your situation there, starting with version of Crystal Reports. If htis is happening when using the CR runtime, which SDK are you using? Is it a web or a win app? What development language are you using? Then post to the correct SDK forum.

If this is happening in the Crystal reports Designer, post to the Report Design forum:

Ludek