cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual distribution in New-GL

Former Member
0 Kudos

When executing actual distribution in New-GL using t-code FAGLG35,

System didnu2019t generate PCA document related to it.

So I transferred FI document related to it to PCA document using t-code

1ke8.

How can I transfer FI data to PCA automatically when executing actual distribution?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Accounting (EC-PCA) is generally intended to track the profitability of busines units, and therefore, does not automatically include balance sheet accounts. There are, however, many reasons that companies may want to record certain balance sheet items at the profit center level. Our company does this to be able to calculate net investment (AR, AP, inventory, fixed assets, etc) at the profit center level. Asset management has had a huge impact on our profitability, and being to track investment by profit center is part of that.

SAP provides a means for specifying balance sheet accounts to be tracked in PCA. This is done through customizing t-code: 3KEH - EC-PCA: Additional Balance Sheet and Profit + Loss Accounts.

3KEH allows you to set ranges of accounts to be tracked in PCA. This is generally set up during the implmentation of your SAP system, but you may find reasons to make modifications post go-live. If so, youu2019ll need to do this in your development system and transport it into production.

Possible Reasons for Modifying 3KEH

Adding new accounts outside of the ranges established in 3KEH

Deciding post go-live to track an account in PCA

• Changing the Default Profit Center on an Account (Default Cost Center can be changed on cost elements in t-code: KA02)

Discovering an account that was missed during implementation. Use t-code: KE5T to compare FI balances with PCA balances.

Options for Adjusting Prior Balances

One of the big gotchas when bringing an existing account into PCA after it already has FI postings is that those postings do not automatically come over. Say youu2019ve discovered youu2019re out of balance between FI and PCA by using KE5T or some other reporting. You determine that it is a 3KEH problem, get your IT people to fix it in Dev and transport it forward. The errant account now shows up in PCA, but itu2019s still out in KE5T (PCA still shows a $0 balance). Thatu2019s because nothing happens with the old FI documents. Adding an account to PCA doesnu2019t automatically generate PCA documents for the missing FI docs, but that would be a neat trick!

So, what are your options?

9KE0 is always an option. The trick here is that the you may have missing FI docs where half of the entry was captured by PCA, while the piece youu2019re trying to fix wasnu2019t. So, now you need to make a one-sided entry to get everything square. To make one-sided entries in 9KE0, you need a document type that allows this. Configuration for this can be accomplished using t-code: GCBX. Just create a new Doc. Type and set the Bal. Check = 2 (no balance check). Thanks to Marco Jordyu2019s excellent article at FICOExpert for this tip.

Use 1KE8 to transfer FI documents to PCA. Again, Marcou2019s article has an excellent write-up on using 1KE8. He suggests that you use FBL3N to determine which documents have been posted to FI for the account you are fixing. Copy those document numbers into the multiple selection for document numbers in 1KE8, using the magical Import from text file button and Copy from clipboard. The big things to watch out for is that youu2019ll want to uncheck the u201CCheck for existing recordsu201D option and check the u201CReversalu201D option. This will prevent SAP from skipping FI documents that already have corresponding PCA documents. It doesnu2019t care that only half of the FI doc is in the PCA doc. It would skip it. Checking the u201CReversalu201D option causes SAP to reverse the existing PCA documents (most likely having only one side of the original FI docs posted) and repost the FI doc, except this time with both sides of the entry.

Final Words

This whole issue hopefully will be a rare occurance for you, but it can be a pain when it does. Particularly since you may have to wait for a fix in Dev and a transport. Itu2019s good to have a spreadsheet with your 3KEH table entries handy when youu2019re creating GL accounts. Just get your IT FICO team to send it over to help you hit those number ranges right.

Regards,

Satish Muvva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your kindly reply.

Our balance sheet accounts was already registered in 3KEH - EC-PCA: Additional Balance Sheet and Profit + Loss Accounts.

We use New-GL.

We want to distribute cache in common profit center to each profit centers using t-code FAGLC35.

After executing allocation using t-code FAGLC35, I want to get FI document and PCA document at one time.

This is very important point to reconcile FI with PCA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Su,

I am also implementing Actual distribution in New GL.

What I found is that the distribution process posts a document in the New GL itself (FAGLFLEXA table group) with the document type specified during the cycle execution.

Since finally it is zero-balancing entry, there is no direct impact on the account balances. Personally I don't like this solution, but I haven't been able to find an alternative so far (still looking).

1) Please do share if you find an alternative to post this document somewhere else or using a criteria that is more substantial than simple Document Type.

2) Another anomaly I noticed is that these distribution and assessment results are updated in New GL table with the same Record Type as the actual postings !!! So the only way to separate these out seems to be with Document Type. I am looking to find an alternative to this one as well.

Will appreciate your thoughts and findings.

Regards,

- Manish Patel

Sr. SAP Solutions Consultant

Author: "Discover SAP ERP Financials", "SAP Account Determination" -- both available through SAP Press