cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Messages appear on a specific View?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are bulding a webdynpro application which uses several views in different components. We are using the IWDMessageManager to display messages. The strange thing is, that the messages do not always appear in the view You would expect. For example if a message is raised in the component-controller of component A, the message might appear in a View of component B, or even does not appear at all.

I guess that the messages tend to show up in a view which has been loaded first, but I can not reproduce this clearly.

How may I control on which view a message appears?

Thanks in advance and regards

Jan Hempel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The messages are always displayed in the Message Area that is loaded first in a perspective(Combination of DC's views). This is an extract from Message Area documentation.

<-----

If there are several suitable instances, the oldest one (with respect to creation time) is used. Note that it's the application developer's responsibility not to place a MessageArea in a view in such a way that MessageArea is not permanently visible, except if the visibility (or enabled) property of the MessageArea is set accordingly. Also beware that the tooltip property might have no effect.

-

>

Check this link too !

Regards

Bharathwaj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

You can use TextView UI element on each iview and set bind to a context attribute. Then you can set the context attribute value and thus TextView. By this way you can define which message to appear on which view on condition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using the IWDMessageManager and MessageArea UI controls, you can use read-only context attributes to control your message area's behavior. You can use either the enabled or visible properties for the MessageAreas. If you have more than one MessageArea that is enabled/visible, the messages are displayed in the oldest one.