Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEREQ001 - how to suppress Customer Data Tab?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

I've implemented MEREQ001 customer exit and created screen 0111 which shows up as a "Customer Data" Tab in ME5xN transactions. There's a requirement, however, to hide custom fields on that tab based on a specific condition. I'm able to hide the fields but is it possible to suppress the whole tab when all the fields in it are hidden? I thought BADI ME_PROCESS_REQ_CUST (which is implemented) can be used for that, specifically method FIELDSELECTION_ITEM, but it seems this method is not called, at least it doesn't react to a break point in ME53N.

Does anyone know how to suppress "Customer Data" tab?

Thanks to all in advance.

Irina

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Irina

There is no way you can do this... You must have written the code in PBO of screen 0111 for hiding the fields. So, ultimately you are in that screen... which you can not hide...

Thanks

Amol Lohade

0 Kudos

SDN is an amazing resource of information! I was looking for something non-related and came across a thread which mentioned BADI MEGUI_LAYOUT which caught my eye. I put a break point in method CHANGE_VIEWS and found my "Customer Data" tab listed in IM_COMPOSITE CL_COMPOSITE_SCREEN_VIEW_MM-SUBVIEWS internal table. I simply deleted that line from the internal table in the debugger and when the screen was displayed, the tab was gone! So, it IS possible! But I think in the actual implementation code one should use IM_COMPOSITE->REMOVE method instead of deleting a line from the internal table. Have to try it.