cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KM Room creation and access

Former Member
0 Kudos

At this point I have two questions:

1) Within the documents folder (I access it through a "Col Navigation iview") I have "Checkout " tab available for the document that I upload along with Checkin and cancel checkin. But within the new folder I created in CM repository and access it through a KM Navigation iview the checkout feature is missing. The other two are there. How can I get the other check out tab there.

2) I am able to create rooms and when I enter room I see creating tasks and deadlines and all project management stuff there. Can we do project management by creating the room and assigning tasks and deadlines. How can I create an iview and enter into room through an iview and link that iview to that room. I can access the room folders using the KM navigation iview but not the actual room where I can do task management etc. Do we assign permissions through the room(assigning owner, lead, project manager etc) or through the iview.

Thanks a lot for helping me learn room and collaboration.

Shafquat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii

If u want to access your room through an iview u can create Km navigation iview.

use this link :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/b6/29892e91601940bb7a2cd673a1dff5/frameset.htm

Or follow this procedure:

in portal content in u r folder create an iview. Define type as KM navigation iview.Give ivew name , id and etc.

Open object for editing: Then click on context menu for which u want to create iview.

go to details>>> properties>>> access link>>> and cpy Short id.

paste this id to ur Iviews property Path to navigation like ( /rooms/d09ac2dc-1118-2b10-0397-aecb6db6f8c5) and save .

Assign this iview to wrkset and then to role u want.

If any query pls revert back

Thanks

rewards r welcome.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shafquat Khan,

Within the documents folder (I access it through a "Col Navigation iview") I have "Checkout " tab available for the document that I upload along with Checkin and cancel checkin. But within the new folder I created in CM repository and access it through a KM Navigation iview the checkout feature is missing. The other two are there. How can I get the other check out tab there.

Sol:: This can be because you are haveing full permission for the folder under Document in which u are Uploading doc.

and when creating folder u are not haveing suffecent permission for that folder some way or the other this concern is fairely related with playing with permissions.

I am able to create rooms and when I enter room I see creating tasks and deadlines and all project management stuff there. Can we do project management by creating the room and assigning tasks and deadlines. How can I create an iview and enter into room through an iview and link that iview to that room. I can access the room folders using the KM navigation iview but not the actual room where I can do task management etc. Do we assign permissions through the room(assigning owner, lead, project manager etc) or through the iview.

Sol:: since now i have created Discussion Room and by creating KM Navigation Iview i can access full discussion Room as it is

I dont Know which Room u have created.And regarding Permission of Room u can Assign the Room iview to Role and can play with granting Permission to diffrent people.

Shafquat :: In your last Posting

[Your Thread|https://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1034301&tstart=0]

U have told that u r assigning full points for ur Resolution But i dint got any from ur side:-)

Hope this Solution helps.

if so Rewards are welcome

Regards.

Soni Vinit