Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Develop a Restricted Key Figure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Please me on how to proceed

I am involved in developing a Restricted Key Figure.....which included a key Figure (Counter) and Resctriction on a CHAR of Data Type DATS.

In the Restriction i want to include all the records that are not assigned any date

When i include # in my restriction it is not working..please advise on how shall i proceed

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207028
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

create new Restricted key figure.

in Restricted key figure, drag key figure Counter and drag date on which you want to restrict and right click on date and select

'#' value and save Restricted Key Figure and drag that keyfigure into columns. and execute report.

check the data in the cube / DSO with the given selections date has ' # ' values and data should be available in report as well.

hope this helps

Regards

Daya Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I Restricted Char in the Restricted Key Figure with # but it is not resctring the records which are empty date fields

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you create a restricted key figure, it will not restrict the characteristic data. It will only restrict the data it outputs. So, with # as a date restriction, you will only get values (where values exist) when there is a date available.

To restrict out all non-dates, you need to restrict the characteristic directly in the row, filter, or free characteristic section.

Brian