Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 setups for RFC Call from a Non SAP System

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a RFC in R/3(SAP Plant maintenance module). We will be calling this RFC from a Portal application. Can anybody suggest what configurations/setups/user specific roles etc need to be done at R/3 so that Portal application can call this RFC in R/3 and desired functionality get implemented.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually in order to have exachange of information between two systms ie SAP EP and Non-SAP we need to first go for

digital certificates or other Verify.dar ones for trusted communication. Then usually the BASIS team at the R/3 end will do the neccesary configuration for the RFC destianations and connections required and aslo they do the necessary user mapings.

This NON-SAP systems needs to be configured in the SLD directory of the SAP EP.

Then we can connect to that system do the necesary coding.

Regards

Lekha

4 REPLIES 4

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check this blog

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually in order to have exachange of information between two systms ie SAP EP and Non-SAP we need to first go for

digital certificates or other Verify.dar ones for trusted communication. Then usually the BASIS team at the R/3 end will do the neccesary configuration for the RFC destianations and connections required and aslo they do the necessary user mapings.

This NON-SAP systems needs to be configured in the SLD directory of the SAP EP.

Then we can connect to that system do the necesary coding.

Regards

Lekha

0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

Thanks! but probably I had not put my question in correct way.I am coming again .

We have R/3 at one end . And SAP EP at other end. We will be having some rfc in R/3 that SAP EP will be calling. Now, could you please come again on this and suggest what exactly the setups related to user authorizations etc we will be needed to do successful call of rfc (at R/3) from SAP EP at run time (when SAP EP application will be running and will be calling the RFC ). Is their any system user things come in this?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume that you will be using any of WD for ABAP or java or PDK or BSP to have develop thie EP application.

Before that we have to configure tthis R/3 system in the system landscape directory (SLD) which is done by the BASIS or using the system adminstrator role in EP.

Using the User management role or system admin role we can do the necessary user mappings for the Logon tickets of EP.

After that we can create an iview or age using the SAP transaction Iview where we can call the RFC of R/3 in EP.

/thread/967507 [original link is broken]

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/89/6eb8deaf2f11d5993700508b6b8b11/frameset.htm

/thread/1019045 [original link is broken]

Regards

Lekha