cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support packs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we apply patches to DEV,QA,PRD at the same time when they share same tranport domain(usr/sap/trans).

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agree... the reason for having a 3 tier landscape is to have the change to implement, test and release changes before sending them to your production environment.

Doesn't make any sense to patch all of them at the same time.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand all that, but my scenario is different.

If i do the whole landscape in parrallel, is it going to affect

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does, because Production, Quality and Developement are at different customizing level. When you first apply in Developement you come across some issues, which you come across QA and PROD, which you document and plan for quality and Production. After applying in development you can predict the downtime for your quality and Production systems.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand all that, but my scenario is different.

If i do the whole landscape in parrallel, is it going to affect

What????

How is your scenario different?...

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

How abt i create an image of dev on another system, apply the patches there & test it.

Then i do the whole landscape at a time, to minize the down time

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me see if you understand....

System patching is not something that you do in 1 weekend..... after patching your dev system you need to test every single development and module to ensure there be no surprises when it goes to production.... same in QA... a normal testing cycle can last weeks!

Do NOT patch all the environment at the same time... that will be a very risky and you'll put the health of your production environment in jeopardy..

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Packages must be imported in dev first then thorughly tested and then applied in qaas and prd.

Whats the point of importing it in all the three systems at one time.

As it has common transport directory just go to spam and upload to the appropirate system.

Then import the packages.No need of uncaring the packages again.

Regards,

Vamshi.