Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to avoid triggering of a workflow multiple times at the same time?

Hello Workflow Gurus,

This is the situation.

I have a Notify requisition creator workflow. This workflow is triggered only when a PO is completely released(this Po is created with respect to a purchase req). I have implemented multiple release strategy in my PO workflow. Meaning, if a PO is created for 5 million, 4 entries are created in the release strategy(P0, P2, P3 and P4). Some approvers have authorization to approve P0 and some have authorization to release P2 etc. Before an approver can release P4, P0, P2 and P3 shuould be approved first.

My problem is when a approver has auth to release both P3 and P4, and if he hits the SAVE button, it is completely released and 2 notify req workflows are being triggered. I use the release indicator = 'C' (completely released) to trigger thos notify req creator workflow. In this case both workflows are triggered at the same time and date. I somehow have to say if this is triggered at the same date and time, complete one workflow.

BTW, I am not using any user exit to trigger this. This notify req creator WF is triggering event is "RELEASED'. When pO is completely released, 'RELEASED' event gets triggered which caused the notify req creator WF trigger.

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks

Rachana

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question