cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to extract text out of simple value set

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two DCs A and B

under DC A i have a node called "Rel" with one attribute in it called "code".

using following code i have put values in it.

IModifiableSimpleValueSet relValueset = wdContext.nodeRel().getNodeInfo().getAttribute("code").getModifiableSimpleType().getSVServices().getModifiableSimpleValueSet();

relValuset.put("1","One")

.... so on.

now this node i have mapped to DC B and bound it to a DropDownByKey element.

My problem.

I wish to extract the text selected key.

if I use IModifiableSimpleValueSet... I get a runtime error that i can not modify the Mapped attribute.

Kindly suggest me a solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member254270
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

U can do onething as u r using SVS there will be a limit to the number of fields or values ur taking .So,give the "KEY" and "VALUE" same i.e if ur giving KEY = "ONE" give text also "ONE".This will help u in solving ur problem more easily.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

Actually i have taken those values just as an example here to keep things simple, this key value pair is going to the backend so i have to keep it as maintained in the R/3 customizing table, can not really change it. Only option i see over here to have a method in the DC A and call that method to get the values. I was looking for a solution to do it locally rather than calling a method in other DC.

Thanks

Saurabh

former_member254270
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

In ur case u can use EVS and u can retrieve the text and can save it in the backend.

Refer to this link it will be veryhepful to u.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0e57440-ec1c-2a10-36b1-fe92341f...

Thanks.