Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport composite Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody.

I have added one Role to many composite Roles and then i should

import all in Test and production Systems. But i´d like to avoid to

have a transport request which includes all the Composite Roles and all the single Roles together.

How can i do it?

I know that i can avoid to transport the profiles of single roles that is to cancel the flag in PFCG - Mass transport of Roles = "also transport the generated profiles of the single roles".

But what happen if i don´t use the flag:

"also transport the single Roles of composite roles?

Do i need to transport also the single Roles?

If not, what is with my transport request?

do i have only to cancel this flag in the pfcg during the creation of transport request, or should i cancel the single roles in the Transport request after having accepted all the composite and single roles in transport?

Hope you can help me.

PS:

I want only to have a identical state in the target system not transporting too many roles.

Thank you in Advance,

Best Regard

Alberto D.F.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alberto,

I hate to spoon feed, so I am going to help you answer your own question yourself(which is not very difficult).

Do this.

1. In your Dev System create a blank composite test role. (z:composite_test)

2. Transport it to QA

3.Now add a test Single role (z:single_test) to the z:composite_test.

Now you have a composite role that has a single role in it

4.Create a transport but make sure you uncheck the flag "Also Transport Single Role of Composite Role".

5. Transport to QA.

What would you get ? This would answer your question about what the flag does and how it affects the role transport.

6. Now check the flag and retransport to QA.

Does the Single role show up in QA ? If yes, then you know that you do not need to transport the single role again (or considering your preference, uncheck this flag so that they are not in the same transport request)

This will take you 10 minutes, but it will make it easier to work out your options

Hope this helps.

Kunal

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bravo... nice tutorial

Regards

Juan

Answers (0)